Thursday

A MAN WALKS INTO A BAR


A MAN WALKS INTO A BAR and orders a drink,
then sits there looking at it for half an hour.
Then a big trouble-making truck driver steps up
next to the man, takes the drink from him and
empties the glass. The poor man starts crying.
The truck driver says, ‘Come on man, I was just
joking. Here, I’ll buy you another drink. I just
can’t stand seeing a man cry.’
‘No, it’s not that. This is the worst day of my
life. First, I fall asleep and I’m late to my offi  ce.
My boss, in an outrage, fi res me. When I leave
the building to get my car, I fi  nd out it’s been
stolen. The police say they can’t do anything.
I get a cab home and after I get out, I remember
I left my wallet and credit cards inside. The cab
driver just drives away. Inside, I fi  nd my wife
sleeping with the gardener. I leave home and
come to this bar. And when I was thinking about
putting an end to my life, you show up and drink
my poison.’

No comments:

Post a Comment